Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens is a mosaicked visionary art environment, gallery, and community arts center that preserves, interprets, and provides access to Isaiah Zagar’s unique mosaic art environment and his public murals. For the safety of the artwork and guests, and to ensure the best possible visitor experience, we ask that you respect the following rules and policies.
Rules & Policies
- For the preservation of the space and the safety of all staff and visitors, we ask that visitors refrain from touching or climbing the artwork (including mosaicked walls, sculptures, and special exhibition works). Visitors will be asked to leave PMG immediately if they or any member of their party do not comply with this policy.
- No soliciting.
- Backpacks and large bags are not permitted in the museum.
- No selfie-sticks or tripods may be used on site.
- Playing music, shouting, foul language, and/or other disruptive activities are not permitted.
- PMG reserves the right to refuse entry or escort visitors off the premises who are wearing items of clothing that are deemed offensive or are making other guests uncomfortable.
- Stairways and passageways must remain clear to all visitors.
- If visitors are caught damaging or vandalizing the artwork, PMG will contact the authorities.
Food and Drink
- Visitors are welcome to bring light food and non-alcoholic drinks into PMG. Any waste should be disposed of in our garbage and recycling bins. Litter may damage the art.
- Scheduled group tours may request to bring meals to eat here for an additional $1/person.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed during normal business hours. PMG hosts a number of public events where alcohol is permitted.
- Groups of over 20 who are interested in visiting PMG for a self-guided tour must call in advance.
- All private guided tours must be scheduled in advance. We recommend contacting our Education and Outreach Manager at least two weeks ahead of time to ensure availability.
- Formal and informal groups or parties are not allowed to hold meetings, weddings, memorial services, tours or classes at PMG.
- PMG maintains a “two feet on the ground” policy. There is no running, climbing, yoga, acrobatics, or rough play anywhere on PMG property.
- For the preservation of the space and the safety of all staff and visitors, we ask that visitors refrain from touching or climbing the artwork (including mosaicked walls, sculptures, and special exhibition works).Visitors will be asked to leave PMG immediately if they or any member of their party do not comply with this policy.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times.
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times. Anyone under 16 years of age will not be admitted without an adult.
- Be respectful of areas that are marked as not open to the general public. Do not enter these areas.
- No firearms or fireworks.
- Visibly intoxicated persons will be denied entry or asked to leave the premises.
- Scooters, wheelie shoes, and skateboards are not allowed.
- Please keep your personal items with you at all times. PMG is not liable for any belongings that are lost, stolen, or broken during your visit to PMG.
- Friendly dogs and service animals are allowed at PMG. We ask that you keep your pet on a leash at all times and clean up after them.
- Casual photography is encouraged. Posed/professional photo shoots need to be scheduled in advance. Please fill out a Photo Shoot Request form to schedule your shoot.
- No tripods or selfie-sticks.
- Please see our Photography Policy for a complete list of our regulations.
- Unauthorized Photo Shoots may be asked to leave the premises.
- PMG is a tobacco-free environment. Please refrain from chewing or smoking tobacco or using e-cigarettes on the property. Anyone caught violating this rule will be asked to leave the premises.
- PMG is a drug-free zone. Visitors found consuming illegal substances will be required to leave the premises.
- Tiles may be slippery especially when wet. Please take care when walking through our outdoor space. Certain areas may be blocked off for safety purposes.
- Open umbrellas are not permitted for the safety of the artwork.
- In the event of unsafe conditions (such as snow, ice, sleet, or lightning) the outdoor space will be closed immediately and will remain closed until conditions improve. While there is snow and/or ice on the ground the outdoor portion will remain closed until all precipitation has melted away. During this time PMG will offer half price admission to visitors to view the indoor galleries.