Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us! Here’s what to expect:
We ask that you be at least eighteen years old, and that you support our mission & values.
Our volunteers are essential in helping us carry out our public programs, events, and activities. Examples of shifts include:
- Public programs: These include Garden Party, Twilight in the Gardens, and PECO Family Jams. Volunteers help to set up/clean up, facilitate crafts and activities, or tend bar as needed.
- Exhibition installation: Every two to three months we transition our galleries to a new exhibition. Volunteers assist with that transition by painting the gallery walls and helping to pack up or install artwork. Check out a list of our upcoming exhibitions.
- Outreach: We occasionally need volunteers to help facilitate outreach activities at community festivals, etc. Past outreach has included events such as the South Street Spring Festival or Oktoberfest.
The majority of shifts take place at Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens. Occasional outreach shifts take place offsite. Most volunteer shifts take place on weekends between 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. or on weekdays after 6:00 p.m.
Shifts typically range from 2-4 hours in length. Some shifts, such as exhibition installation, may last longer.
It’s up to you! Some of our volunteers like to take three or four shifts per month, while some prefer three or four shifts per year. To be considered an active volunteer, we do ask that you complete at least one shift every six months.
To start volunteering at PMG, please complete the following:
- Submit a completed volunteer application.
- Attend a volunteer orientation.
If you can’t make it to a scheduled session, you may also contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
- Sign up for a public guided tour.
- You’re all set to start signing up for volunteer shifts!
Please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.