Visitor Relations Representative
The primary focus of the Visitor Relations Representative is to deliver excellent customer service and ensure a positive experience for all visitors. They are the principal point of interaction for our visitors and play an integral role in shaping visitor experience by greeting visitors, selling tickets, and answering questions. They help keep the museum in good order and protect the site by encouraging all visitors to adhere to PMG policies.
- Greet guests enthusiastically and eagerly provide introductory information about PMG
- Operate and perform all register duties including sales of general admission, merchandise, membership, event tickets, and artwork
- Assist with daily procedures for opening and closing the museum
- Protect and maintain the site throughout the shift so that no trash, debris, or damaged materials are present
- Prevent visitors from damaging the artwork by routinely walking through the site and enforcing PMG policies
- Communicate clearly and thoroughly to visitors and staff by responding to questions, answering phone calls, and writing emails as needed
- Communicate with administrative staff about feedback, questions, or concerns that occurred during shifts
- Assist with public programming as needed
- Assist with occasional exhibition installation as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned within the scope of responsibilities and requirements of the position
- Positive, patient, and friendly disposition
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Related customer service experience
- Previous sales/cash handling experience
- Ability to lift objects up to 30 pounds and stand for long periods of time outdoors
- Fluency in another language preferred, especially Spanish
- Experience with Blackbaud/Altru preferred
Hours and Compensation:
$15/hour for 16-24 hours per week. Weekend availability is needed in addition to at least one weekday. Schedule may vary and some evening availability may be needed for occasional public events.
PMG’s standard open hours are Wednesday through Monday 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM. The museum is closed to the public every Tuesday.
Please send a single document with your cover letter, resume, and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading “Visitor Relations Representative.” Make sure your attachments are clearly labeled with your name. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. No phone calls, please.