ALL FORMAL/ COMMERCIAL PHOTO SHOOTS MUST BE SCHEDULED AT LEAST 7 DAYS IN ADVANCE.
We ask that credit is always given to Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens whenever the images are published or posted.
FORMAL PHOTO/VIDEO SHOOTS AND COMMERCIAL SHOOTS
Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens defines Formal Photo/Video Shoots as still or moving images taken of more than 3 individuals by a photographer (professional or amateur), ad agency, or other marketing entity. People photographing inside the space with photo equipment (i.e. tripods or reflectors), props, AND/OR wardrobe changes are also considered in this category.
Commercial photography or videography is defined as a project that is utilizing PMG as a visual backdrop to bring awareness to any business, service, campaign or subject matter, whether the resulting photos are for profit or available free of charge.
- Formal Photo/ Video shoots must occur between the hours of 9:00 – 11:00 AM only on Mondays & Thursdays.
- Formal Photo/Video shoots may not be on site past 11:00 AM.
- All Formal Photo/ Video shoots must be scheduled in advance.
- Groups of 8 or more persons require special written permission. Special precautions due to COVID-19 may restrict group sizes.
- All members of the party and the photographers must abide by our Rules & Policies, which includes refraining from touching the mosaicked walls and sculptures at PMG.
- A nonrefundable deposit of $25 is due to book a photo/ video shoot. A fee of $75/half hour is due after finishing the shoot. We offer a special $50/half hour fee for using one of our recommended photographers. Please contact us for details.
- Photo shoots do not have access to non-public areas of PMG, including the office. Only groups with one of PMG’s recommended photographers may access the basement.
- Photo or video shoots containing lewd or graphic material or language are not allowed at PMG.
- No artworks can be moved without written permission from PMG and the assistance of a PMG staff member.
STUDENT PHOTOGRAPHY/ VIDEOGRAPHY
- Student photography is reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Please contact PMG to schedule your visit ahead of time.
INFORMAL PHOTOGRAPHY/ VIDEOGRAPHY
Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens defines Informal Photography as any casual snapshots or videos taken on PMG property by visitors to the location. This may include cell phone photography and camera photography used solely for personal use and/or to post on social media sites, or family and/or engagement shoots with 4 or less people (including photographers) and no equipment, props, or wardrobe changes.
Informal photo shoots do not need to make special reservations in advance but do need to pay the general admission fee per person. We recommend purchasing your general admission tickets ahead of time so you can enter at the time you want. Please note that weekends (especially Saturdays) are typically very busy days at PMG. We strongly encourage photographers and their subjects to visit on a weekday.
- No equipment (i.e. reflectors and tripods) or props may be used.
- No wardrobe changes are allowed.
- 4 people or less in the group (including photographers).
- No lewd or graphic material is allowed.
- All visitors must comply with our Rules and Policies. This includes keeping passageways accessible, refraining from touching the art, and no music-playing.
For questions regarding our photography policy, please contact our Events & Marketing Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling (215) 733-0390 ext. 114.
This policy applies to all amateur photographers, wedding photographers, media/press photographers, professional/commercial photographers, and student and non-profit photographers on the property of Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens at any time. Those who do not comply with this policy will be asked to leave the premises.