Thursday, October 10th 2019
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
FREE for PMG Members
Let our space inspire you as you explore your artistic side! Participate in different art-making activities throughout the mosaics, while local musicians provide background music as you create.
We are excited to partner with Tempesta Di Mare, the Philadelphia Baroque Orchestra, again for October’s ‘The Museum As Muse’ event! This month we’ll draw inspiration from their Orchestral Gardeners: High Baroque Splendor by Handel and Telemann concert. Handel and Telemann exchanged letters, music and plants for their gardens, while creating some of the finest works in the high baroque orchestral repertoire.
Members of Tempesta di Mare will serenade visitors as they work. Draw from live nude models, sculpt with clay, and create lino prints inspired by Telemann’s flower collection.
You’ll also have the opportunity to capture the passageways and galleries of PMG in a rare private setting. Get lost in the shimmering hallways and grottos, and discover the delights of the fully-mosaicked basement, which is not normally open to the public.
No artistic experience is necessary. Basic supplies are provided or bring your own. Please see below for restrictions on materials allowed at these events. Food and drinks are also welcome.
GUIDELINES ON SUPPLIES
- Paper and sketch pads must be no larger than 18” x 24”
- Dry materials, such as pencils, colored pencils, crayons, pastels, and charcoal are allowed
- Watercolor paints are allowed
- Washable markers are allowed
- Wet materials, such as oil paints, acrylics, and inks are not allowed
- Easels of no more than 72” may be used in certain areas
- Cameras, flashes, and tripods may be used
- No photographs may be taken of nude models
- No video equipment may be used