Monday, May 13th 2019
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
FREE for PMG Members
Let our space inspire you as you explore your artistic side. Participate in different art-making activities throughout the mosaics, while local musicians provide background music as you create.
May’s ‘The Museum As Muse’ event is a partnership with Tempesta di Mare, the Philadelphia Baroque Orchestra. It is held in conjunction with their Great Books concert, in which four enduring works of literature are re-told in music by four masters of the baroque. Attendees will receive a discount code for 20% OFF any tickets to the Great Books concert!
Members of Tempesta di Mare will serenade visitors as they work with music from their Great Books concert. Draw nude models in poses inspired by Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream, sculpt with clay like Pygmalion from Ovid’s Metamorphosis, or make a monoprint of an image from Don Quixote or A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
You’ll also have the opportunity to capture the passageways and galleries of PMG in a rare private setting. Get lost in the shimmering hallways and grottos, and discover the delights of the fully-mosaicked basement, which is not normally open to the public.
No artistic experience is necessary. Basic supplies are provided or bring your own. Please see below for restrictions on materials allowed at these events. Food and drinks are also welcome.
GUIDELINES ON SUPPLIES
- Paper and sketch pads must be no larger than 18” x 24”
- Dry materials, such as pencils, colored pencils, crayons, pastels, and charcoal are allowed
- Watercolor paints are allowed
- Washable markers are allowed
- Wet materials, such as oil paints, acrylics, and inks are not allowed
- Easels of no more than 72” may be used in certain areas
- Cameras, flashes, and tripods may be used
- No photographs may be taken of nude models
- No video equipment may be used