Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens (PMG) has an opening for a part-time Bilingual Outreach Assistant. PMG is an immersive mixed media art environment that is completely covered with mosaics. The space is made up of two indoor galleries and a bi-level outdoor sculpture garden. As a nonprofit museum, PMG celebrates art in its many forms through community outreach, public programs, hands-on activities, exhibitions, and tours. We welcome everyone to explore the space and embrace the possibility of self-expression.
The Outreach Assistant is responsible for assisting with the implementation of public programming and outreach at PMG and in the community. They will lead guided tours and provide interpretation for various audiences, including students, families, and adults, in both English and Spanish.
They will also be responsible for visitor services duties including opening/closing the museum, engaging with visitors and answering questions, and performing basic site upkeep.
Excellent communication skills and a commitment to exemplifying the values of PMG are a must.
- Lead all types of tours, including site tours and neighborhood walking tours, in English and Spanish
- Assist with outreach programs and hands-on activities at other organizations and festivals
- Assist with public events such as our monthly PECO Family Jams or exhibition openings
- Serve as a visitor services representative by greeting guests enthusiastically, informing them about the history of PMG, and answering questions
- Assist with daily procedures for opening and closing Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens
- Protect and maintain the site throughout the shift so that no trash, debris, or damaged materials are present
- Prevent visitors from damaging the artworks by routinely walking through the site and ensuring children are under adult supervision
- Perform other duties as assigned within the scope of responsibilities and requirements of the position
- Ability to speak fluently, read, and write in both Spanish and English
- Positive and friendly disposition
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- 1-2 years of related customer/visitor services experience
- Comfortable working with all ages and different audiences
- Strong public speaking skills
- Ability to lift objects up to 30 pounds and stand for long periods of time
- Basic computer skills (Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe suite, or Blackbaud products preferred)
- Strong connection to the Latinx community
- Evening and weekend work required
- A background check and child abuse clearances will be required of the successful candidate
$14/hour for 16-24 hours a week. This is a part-time position with availability needed Friday-Sunday. Hours will vary and some evening availability is needed for public events and outreach.
Please email a cover letter with an explanation of your interest and relevant experience, resume, and 3 work-related references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading “Outreach Assistant.” Make sure your attachments are clearly labeled with your name. Position will remain open until filled. No phone calls, please.